Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Have bipolar disorder, maniac phase. Need good doctor near Delhi

Hi I am Ashish from Hisar (Haryana). My father is suffering from Bilopar Disorder and is in maniac phase. It started about 7 years back, when his alcohol intake was on peek (He drinks way too much). After about 2 months of treatment, his condition improved and was stable for next 4 years but from last 2-3 years this is getting worse. He has devastated my family members lives and has spent all our savings. He gets crazy after every 4-5 months now. We have tried medications from all the hospitals in our reach but the condition is not improving. I request you to please tell me a good doctor in or near Delhi for his treatment. Many thanks for reading & understanding my concerns. Look forward to a positive response. Regards Ashish
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
I understand your concern with your father's condition. Alcohol worsens mania and forms a vicious cycle. I would suggest government institutes like AIIMS/IHBAS. However, if you prefer private, Max, Moolchand, Fortis and Apollo are the options available. He might require a setting with in-patient care. Try to control his alcohol use till then. Wish him speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Ashish Mittal's  Response
welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Adding to Dr Sundar and Dr Jonas advice.

As you are living in Hisar then for your father nearest government inpatient facility is available in PGI Rohtak. Till he get admitted start his medicines after advice from nearby psychiatrist. In severe cases and for patient who do not accept treatment, medicines can be given in food also.

Wish you all the best.

Dr Ashish Kumar Mittal
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I can understand that it is very stressful to have a family member with an active psychiatric illness. Bipolar disorder is a relapsing illness, which means that unless the person is continuously on regular medication (mood stabilizers), there can be relapses of the episodes of mania or depression.

Right now, since you say that your father is in the manic phase, the first priority would be to initiate treatment as early as possible. I would suggest that you take him to any psychiatric hospital with an in-patient facility, so that he can be admitted for a few days, till the severity of the illness comes down and till he is in a condition to be managed at home.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sun, 10 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor