Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have bipolar disorder. Advised to control emotions. Is it possible?

Hi, I have bipolar disorder and I went to my Psychiatrist yesterday. He told me that I get too emotionally upset and I have to control how upset I get. I have been through a lot the past few months. Is it wrong for me to get upset I do no think so. I think he should walk in my shoes for a day to see how it feels to be me.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Sexologist 's  Response
It may not be wise to tell you to control your emotions because that is exactly the problem you have . If you get upset too frequently and distressing to your near and dear ones, I think you are getting sub therapeutic doses of medications.
Answered: Tue, 12 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Haseena Hamdani's  Response
Welcome to HRM,
I understand your problem. Actually Bipolar disorder is also a disease, which we have to treat by medicines along with Psychotherapy. There are good mood stabilizing and other psychiatric medications are available. Bipolar disorder has good prognosis, but sometimes diagnosis is difficult to make. It is also important that you have good positive relation with your Doctor. Also do regular exercise, take good diet, and manage your stress.
Take care
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor