Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have belching and reflux. What is meaning of duodentis, lax les? Why take librax?

sir,(DR.radhakrishna) i am affected with belching last 8 yrs. with reflux acid (burning stomach and heart) both of them continues. i under go for UGI ENDOSCOPY . doctor impression :DUODENTIS, LAX LES -TO CORRELATE CLINICALLY. Doctors prescribed Cap.risek, T. librax , T.lactivta, t.metolog like that. after taking the tablet im feeled little cure after one year now again problem persist so, i consulted goverment hospital 10days before he took ECG and he told its o.k , and prescribed some tablets that T. tompy, and c.omiprozole each of them respectively 5 and 10 days now better than before. and i also control of food less gravy , daily butter milk with rice, bananas . pls. tell me , i want to be cure fully now some time coming belching and reflux. im living now uae. sharjah. and im ready to send all my endoscopy report and all details. if you like. help me sir, thank you very much. my emil id: YYYY@YYYY my age is 36, weight 75, height 170 cm. b.p. normal, sugar normal.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  252
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM!
Duodenitis means inflammation of the duodenum, the part of the digestive tract next to stomach. and lax LES (lower esophageal sphinctor) means a lax (loose) lower end of the esophagus(food pipe) joining the stomach.
Your reflux is due to food/ acid regurgitating back due to the loose end of the stomach.
You should take acid blockers like omeprazole and motility enhancing agents like domperidone, metoclopramide, ganaton etc. on medical advise and for few months.
Avoid fleeping flat . Keep head elevated on lying down.
If possible please send endoscopy , reports, medicine list etc. using the site's uploader and will see what can be done. good gastro-enterologist's opinion will be useful.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress.
Good Luck!
I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
Thank you!
Answered: Fri, 28 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor