Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Have been on period for over month now. Have tingling feeling where ovaries are. Menopause symptoms? 48 and i been on my period for a little over a month now. my periods are usually on time and normal but in dec. and jan. of 2012 i didnt have one until the first week of febuary and it stopped for a cpl. days then started back up and i been on it ever since and im clotting also. i only seem to bleed when i go to the bathroom. my pads stay fairly clean other than that and now im starting to get a a little tingling feeling on the right side of where my ovaries are and it feels like its shooting down. i was told by a friend not to worry because im getting ready for menopause and try taking some estroven to help. what should i do? i get scared cuz when i do go to the bathroom sometimes its light and most times heavy with clots.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
This is true that sometimes periods become irregular before menopause, but, after the age of 40 all abnormal bleeding need to be investigated to rule out malignancy. Please don't try any pill on your own & see a Gynecologist at the earliest to get an expert opinion.
Your symptoms are definitely abnormal & you must have a doctors visit along with at least two tests i.e. trans vaginal ultrasound & endometrial biopsy.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
You are just approaching towards perimenopause & don't worry as before this ( perimenopause) such type of symptoms are very common.
Scanty menstruation , spotting ( mild degree) , dysfunctional bleeding are also common.
As you are taking estrogen , so don't bother any more.
Still you feel uncomfortable than consult a gynnaecologist and get his opinion.
An ultrasound of uterus and other genitals are for precautionary measure.
Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor