Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have been constipated, had hemorrhoids. Got a lump next to rectum. What can be done?

I have been constipated and had hemorhoids over the last 30 years,nine months ago i saw blood, in the toilet and on my tissue after a bowel movement and also a lump next to my rectum on the outside,the doctor said a mass of hemorhoids and anal fissure viewed with a light,i went to a second doctor and was told the same thing,i am taking annusol suppositories and a stool softener and miralax,i do still have constipation and see blood after a bowel movement atleast 3 times a week,i have no pain.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
from the description you have given for your problem you have symptomatic hemorrhoids, that is you are still bleeding despite being on medications,
i would suggest that you see a surgeon because i feel your symptoms will disappear after doing surgery on the hemorrhoids the surgery is not complex and takes just a few hours.
for the constipation part you need to change your diet as well you need to increase your fluid intake and water intake, take fiber foods and alot of vegetables and fruits which will aid in getting normal stools which will reduce the injury on the hemorrhoids that you have. dont strain when passing stool.
dont wear tight fitting clothes dont be in a hot place like steaming rooms for long period of time these make the hemoorhoids worse
do sitz baths that is luke warm salty water baths to reduce the soreness in your anal region.
hope have been able to answer your query.
get well soon.
you can always write back if you need any clarification.
Answered: Sat, 2 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor