Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have bad tooth, sensitive gums, chest pain and throat. Hurts to take deep breath

I have had a bad tooth for a while, it s the very back molar on the bottom. I had a crown at one time and the crown cracked and came off some years ago. The gum around the area has been extremely sensitive for about a week and yesterday and today I started having pain in my upper right chest area and throat on the right side (same side as the bad tooth). It hurts when I take a deep breath, bend over or move my head in a certain way. It feels almost like a cracked rib would feel when I try to breath, except higher in my chest. I don t know whether it is a doctor or dentist problem. Doctor would be better since I have no dental or health insurance.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

As per your description there is severe infection in your molar tooth and the surrounding gums .
You need to visit to the dentist and get complete mouth evaluation done .
Get an x-ray done .

Get complete mouth scaling and polishing done .

Take saline water gargles 3-4 times a day .
Use 0.2% of chlorhexidine mouthwash gargles thrice daily .

For chest pain you need to visit a physician and get an chest x-ray done .

Hope this helps out .

Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Neha Gupta's  Response
Welcome to the forum.
From your description, it seems that you are having a muscular pain in the region of your right chest wall. Take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen and do a hot fomentation. In case the pain is persistent, then a detailed evaluation is necessary.
I hope this is helpful to you.
You can consult me again directly through my profile .
Answered: Sun, 10 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
dear friend.

thanks for sharing your concern.

your tooth has developed an abscess.

not related to chest pain.

i would suggest you to visit your dentist.
get an xray done to see the extent of infection.

your chest pain definitely requires physicians attention.

get chest xray done too.this will indicate your chest problem like rib fracture.COPD,etc

dentist can solve your gum problems,like scaling.curretagge,root planing etc after reading your xray.
hope i answered you.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
hi and welcome to HCM,
Accordingly to your history i can say you have got severe infection either in your last right molar tooth or the adjacent gums . This needs clinical examination and evaluation with a x ray to confirm and accordingly treatment for the tooth or the gums can be done.
If the gums are inflammed ,you can go for professional scaling and root planing done by a dentist .
At home you can use lukewarm saline water or antiseptic mouthwash like chlorhexidine for mouth rinsing and gargling which gives soothing effect to throat and restores gum health.
For chest pain on breathing you need to get an chest x ray done and consult a physician for evaluation and treatment.
i hope this helps,
take care.
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor