Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have back spasms, painful. Suggested exercises. Need advice

I am suffering from back spasms in my mid-upper back region. I am playing sport and a sudden movement will cause my back to go into spasm in a specific area. Then I will have the pain for about 4-10 days, then it will start to ease off. I am seeing a physio at the moment, and she says that I have slight scoliosis and that due to my body posture its causing my muscles to bunch up near the bottom, making my body have to compensate and causing my body to be poorly aligned. My right hip is also higher than my left hip. The pain I feel is very sudden, and I only feel it when I m bending over or doing something that involves bending my back. I m 15 and my parents are thinking about consulting a chiropractor or a osteopath. The physio has given me some excercises to be doing between sessions, however none of them seem to be sufficiently improving anything. What would be your advice?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
you may need rest for some daysphysiotherapy exercises should be continued in my opinion
can use muscle relextant ointments and hot massage at night
use plenty of fluids
low protein diet high fiber diet non spicy non greesy non oily food for some days
this is my opinion in this case
Answered: Sat, 7 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor