Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have back pain when dehydrated. Had Urinary Tract Infection spread to kidneys. Related?

I am having pain in my back on my right hand side. A few weeks ago I had very painful gas like cramps , mostly on the right hand side but throughout the front. About 1.5 years ago I had a urinary tract infection that was thought to have spread to my kidneys because of the fever and pain that I experienced. I have had one urinary tract infection since then and every now and then I feel this kind of pain when I am dehydrated. Could this be a problem with my kidneys?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Tanks for using HCM!

You have to do some investigations to come to some conclusion.
You haven't mentioned your age, also, whether your UTI in past was diagnosed, with which investigations.
Now, you should do Urine culture & sensitivity, Renal Function Tests,
Sr. Uric Acid, CBC, Ultrasound KUB & X-ray KUB.

Further management depends on these investigations,
Consult your Urologist with the reports.
Till then you may take, with your doctor's opinion, antispasmodics, analgesics, tamsulosin & diuretics (if required), antibiotics (as per reports).

Drink plenty of water throughout day, approx. 2-3 litres/day.
Hope this explanation is satisfactory for you.

Wish you a healthy life ahead.
Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor