Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have back pain and blood in urine. Right kidney is enlarged. Advice?

I have been having some mild lower back pain and have blood in my urine. I had an ultrasound of my kidneys and the right kidney is enlarged. I m very concerned and would like to know what this could be. I have had some soreness to my right back for a few months but it wasn t all the time just if I pressed on it a certain way sometimes it would feel sore in that area. I don t have an infection from my urine culture done.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Stone causing obstruction is to be considered.
CT scan may be needed for further evaluation.

Acute Nephritis is another / Renal function is normal? / What are the casts? Proteinuria?
You should see a nephrologist.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor