Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
143 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Have back pain. MRI shows indentation of thecal sac, diffuse disc bulge, Schmoral's nodes. Solution?

Hello Dr., I am suffering back pain problem in last 3 years . I hereby writing down in my mri scan report. 1.Left paracentral disc extrusion seen at L4 - 5 causing indentation of thecal sac and ipsilateral neural foraminal narrowing. Impingement of left L5 nerve root seen. 2.Mild diffuse disc bulge seen at L3-4 causing indentation of thecal sac and bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. 3.Schmoral s nodes seen involving D11 - L3 endplate. kindly suggest me how solve this problem.
Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for the query. T
These are age related changes in the spine. the back pain is usually due to disc degeneration, facet joint arthritis. You also have L5 nerve root impingement which may cause leg pain. Do you have any leg pain? Treatment is decided depending on your symptoms. Initially we always treat back pain conservatively with medicine and physical therapy. Sometimes facet injections also considered to treat back pain, however for persistent back pain affecting your daily routine may need to be treated with surgical intervention (spinal fusion surgery). I would suggest to consult a spine specialist and pin point your problem, which can be treated accordingly. Thanks.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I m 24 yrs old, i had fallen from a tree about 7years back.... recently i have been getting these back pains and my doctor sent me for an MRI...

Recent questions on  Magnetic resonance imaging

doctor1 MD

I have severe headaches 2or 3 per day,night sweats,tingling in my hand arms and legs all on the left side. I have had mri and scans of my head and...

doctor1 MD

My 11 yr old son has been suffering from headaches for a few years. It has become an everyday event recently and I don t want to continue giving...

doctor1 MD

I broke my right arm close to the shoulder holloween weekend, simply by throwing my arm... I have no insurance so I haven t seen a doctor but at ER...

doctor1 MD

hi i had a head trauma in two places from falling on ice and hitting my head on a pole, one caused a small fracture and minor bleeding in my brain,...

doctor1 MD

I am trying to find out what the test is for Habba Syndrome. After reading about it I believe that it is what my husband suffers from.

doctor1 MD

can bonemarrow edema be treated,and how?

doctor1 MD

I think I saw poop come out of my vagina an hour ago that possible, What should I don