Have average period cycle of 44 days. Started spotting early and continuing for days. Possible reason?

good night..... the last day i saw my period was on May 31 thats the 1st day of my cycle. My cycle usually lasts from about 33 days to about 46, 54 and 56 days. It varies every cycle. I have an Average cycle length of 44 days. On the 38th day i started to spot very light and brown. (this is usual).... however, 5 days after it came a little brighter and red and i have been spotting for 14 days now. when I wipe after i urinate it looks red... what can cause this?
Fri, 26 Jul 2013