Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have arch pain, tight calf muscles, doing stretching, got hot stone pedicure. Something else I could do?

I am having arch pain. The Dr. said it is being caused by my calf muscle being tight. I have been doing the stretches a lot. It is not getting any better it has been 3 weeks since my visit. Is there something else I could do? I also got a hot stone pedicure to massage the calf and also a full body massage to try and help.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in the arch of the foot is likely to be related to a high arch deformity. Using foot orthotics and changing your shoes might help in relieving the pain in the calf. You can also do calf strengthening exercises to help decrease the pain.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor