Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have aortic insufficiency, chest pain, weight gain and enlarged heart. Need surgery. Advice?

i have aortic insuffiency , i feel disoriented and have a really bad bounding pulse alomng with chest pain thats mild but on and off. I have gained 47 pounds in the last year and am getting very worried that I have heart failure I am only 22 years of age but feel tired , my hearts enlarged and i have really fast wieght gain? can you please help with someguidence. my cardio doc says i need surgery next month but says theres no sign of damage to my heart but i am still worried
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Sir/Ma'm
Thanks for writing to us.
if you have aortic insufficiency and it is severe and you have troubled breathing/ swelling feet/ severe heart enlargement/ decrease pumping of heart on ECHO (cardiac ultrasound), you should under go the surgery for valve replacement (of course under supervision and guidance of your cardiologist).
Weight gain can happen due to excessive fluid accumulation in heart failure but that is not a possibility because your doctor told you that there is no sign of damage to heart. you may be eating more because of anxiety or simply you are not doing enough exercise or there can be many more reasons to put weight.
do not get worried unnecessarily as your doctor has assured you and get your surgery done as advised.
good luck
sukhvinder singh
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor