Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have anxiety and panic attacks. EKG and ultrasound normal. Cause?

Hi, I m a cardiophobe. I suffer from anxiety and constant panic attacks. I just had a spasm over my left breast that almost sent me into a panic attack and I thought it was the start of a heart attack . I m 21 years old, I ve had several ekgs done, several blood test , stress test, thyroid test, heart ultrasound, and all have came out great. Doctors have told me the feelings I get in my chest are not heart related but yet they scare me. I need some reassurance and want to know what can be cause these chest spasms over the heart area. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
This is a minor issue. It got your attention because of your anxiety. Electrolyte imbalance may be one of the reason. Just increase your fluid intake and you may take orange juice.
Answered: Mon, 26 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor