Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Have ankle fracture. Painful, swollen. Wearing boot for fracture

I have an ankle fracture on my left foot but the left side of my ankle is very painful to the touch and extends to the back of the heel and up my leg. I have been wearing a boot for my fracture but the other side of my ankle still is painful and swells up. I can elevate the foot but it doesn t help. I have spoken to my doctor about it and all he says is that the fracture is heeling but he shows no concern for the right side of my ankle.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

I suggest that you rest your ankle and foot in the way that your doctor has proposed.

You need to give it time to heal.

If you require some pain relief take and Advil or two or your preferred pain reliever that works the best for you or pain reliever that was prescribed by your doctor.

I hope this helps.

I wish you well!
Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor