Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Have angina and leaky valve. Chest pain, lightheadednes, high pulse rate. History of heart problems

I have been diagnosed with mild angina and mild leaky valve . I have been experiencing chest pain to the right of my left breast for the last 2 days. It can last an hour or so but then disappears. Today I have the same symptoms but for about 30 minutes when I got up this morning I felt lightheaded. My pulse rate at rest is around 90. I am female and 60 years of age with a history of heart problems in my family. As the symptoms seem to go without any intervention, should I be worried. I take statins as my cholesterol is raised and also an aspirin a day.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You seem to have stable angina and leaky valve possibly degenerative,your pain is Atypical it may have ischemic element in it.
This is good that you take aspirin and statin both are known to be beneficial in Ischemic heart disease,
If your heart rate is fast why are you not given any kind of Beta blocker which will help greatly for angina as well as fast heart rate.
Nitrate can be used with consultation of Physician /Cardiologist if not regularly on as and when required basis ( SOS)
There are very good anti anginal drugs available your physician can decide what is best for you.
If you angina becomes unstable then assessment and intervention may become necessary.
Please do not worry take care of diet and exercise and see your physician to be sure if this is angina you get optimal therapy.
Take care
Best of Luck.
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiac Surgeon Dr. Nisarga's  Response
You should consult a cardiologist. You may be adviced some tests like TMT, coronary angiogram. with positive family history, age 60, it is better you get investigated.
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor