Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have anal fissure with pain and bleeding. Booked for surgery. Recommendations?

Hi I am having anal fissure and tried all medicines ointment but still have severe pain and bleeding . Booked for lis surgery tomorrow. Please let me know the procedure pre and post surgery. Will it be painful after surgery and dressing required after surgery. I m worried about recovery and have to go back to work in 5 days. Advise.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
Surgery is the only modality for fissures.
Its good you are going for it.
It is usually done under spinal anaesthesia so pain wont be much.

However you may be kept nill orally for few days.
Recovery will depend on the type of procedure done
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor