Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have acute abdominal pain, constipation. Diagnosed as chrones, tbpcr, wilkis, now IBD. What to do?

dear doctor, i am 25years old unmarried student studying (computer sc. final yr.). i have been suffering from acute abdominal pain with constipation for the last 7 yrs. it is unfortunate that no doctors(gastroenterologists) in kolkata could able to locate the cause of my sufferings though made various tests and diagnosed as chrones, tbpcr ,wilkis (fall under ibd as told by them) and prescribed various medicines which i had to consume bu tproved futile. recently i have consulted with H.O.D(gastro)at A.I.I.M.S,New Delhi who has diagnosed me as IBS and not IBD. H e has advised me to resort to morning walk atleast for 30 mins. Kindly advise me how to get rid of my predicaments and also tell me whether IBS is curable. mousumi mitra, kolkata
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General Surgeon 's  Response
kindly mention ur ht, wt, profession, also usg abdomen findings or cect abdomen findings which i presume you have got done. i would also like to know about ur menstrual history. coming to lab tests, thyroid function test will be useful, it includes free T4, T3, TSH. also mention details of any other test which you have got done.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi Musomi mitra, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.Forum.
You are 25 yrs of age, and suffering with pain abdomen since 7 years. You are diagnosed as chrones, T.B.pcr, wilkis, and I.B.S.
You appears to be suffering with anxiety neurosis, You have some fobia for the higher education, or to the subject. Being away from the patient i may be mistaken, but there is a possibility.
Besides gastro you try to consult a psychiatrist for diagnossis and treatment. You try to make your own auto biogrphy to present before the psychiatrist .
I advise you to follow some diet recommendations as avoid taking spices, junk foods, and oily foods. avoid wheat, milk products, to avoid crohns, and lactose intolerance.
I also advise you to follow some diversion technics like yoga, meditation, reading books of literature, or hearing music etc.
You follow these besides regular medicines.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor