Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have acne and scars. Taken chemical peel, microdermabrasion, retinoid cream no result. What to do?

hello:-(......i am a medical student.i have chronic acne and scars.i have undergone chemical peel and microdermabrassion for this.but i didnt find it effective.i have tried retinoid creams also.but my acne is resistant to that too.plz help me.all my classmates have clear skin except me and its so embarassing for me.............
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
The other best options for your problem are Oral antibiotics, Oral retinoids, Fraxel laser,Laser Skin Resurfacing,ProFractional laser,IPL,Piexel or Pulsed Dye Laser.I have seen lot of pts who responds to oral antibiotics(Tetracycline,Erythromycin,Clindamycin,Minocycline or doxycycline)along with topical medictions.Retinoids are the next best options but there are certain protocols to follow before starting on oral retinoids as they are teratogenic.A complete blood work up,LFT,Lipid profile,pregnancy test..have to be done.And this have to be repeated every month through out the treatment period.
I suggest you consult senior dermatologist and cosmetologist as it is dificult to suggest one particular treatment without analysing the type of acne and scars that you have.
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor