Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Have abnormal vaginal feeling, pregnant. Did pelvic examination, blood, urine test. Prolapse?

Hello, I am 24 years old and 20 weeks pregnant (first pregnancy) I was Arthur hospital today due to a sensation of something in my vagina. They did a pelvic exam and could not see anything abnormal. Checked my urine and blood too- all normal. I continue to have this sensation and I am wondering if its possible to have a prolapse (I do not feel any significant buldge only slight swelling) or just swelling internally due to extra blood flow?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Given your age and this being your first pregnancy, the chance that this sensation represents prolapse is incredibly unlikely! This is especially the case if they did an exam and did not see anything like prolapse. You are right, this likely represents increase blood flow to the pelvic floor and a sensation of fullness. Watch out for symptoms of a bladder infection and if the symptoms persist, make sure that they check a urine and take a look at your cervix with an ultrasound.

I hope that this helps. If you have more questions, please click on "ASK ME A QUESTION" link above to directly ask me a question!
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor