Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Have abnormal bleeding and cramps. Had ultrasound done.Diagnosis is Heterogeneous Endometrium. Treatment?

I recently had a transvaginal ultrasound because of abnormal bleeding, abdominal cramps and painful intercourse. Prior to this 2nd ultrasound, there was a very small fibroid found 2 months prior. The possible diagnosis now is that the heterogeneous uterus may reflect adenomyosis . Heterogeneous endometrium . What does this mean and what are the best treatments? I follow up with my OB GYN next week.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum. According to the 2 ultrasound scanings it appears that there is fast progression of symptoms of over bleeding and then leading to abdominal cramps and painfull inter course is suggestive of you should be thouroughly investigated for any ac infection or malignancy.
The fibroid if it is in side the myo metrium, cause changes in the endometrium, and cause the endometriosis, and hence the symptoms.
You may need to have a surgery either fibroidectomy or hysterectomy, depending upon the examination findings.
Wishing for a quick recovery of complete disease, and thanks for calling.
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor