Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Have abdominal pain with indigestion. All tests done. Have been on antibiotics. What to do?

My daughter has had low abdominal pain with indigestion, we have been to the er a few times and they have done cat scans and ultrasounds. They said she has free fluid in the low peritoneal cavity and thought she had PID. None of her cultures came back positive and she has been on antibiotics for several days with no improvement
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your daughter's problem. You should also get a urine culture done as PID is often associated with urinary infection and that is often neglected.
Also PID and UTI require a prolonged course of antibiotics (for at least 5-7 days).
If her pain is still persisting, she should also undergo an abdominal ultrasound, which will give information about the rest of the abdomen as well.

Hoping for the best.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Bezing Alain's  Response
low abdominal pain with indigestion, fluid in the low peritoneal cavity and cultures negative
thus the problem is not infectiuous but rather metabolic or inflammatory.

Diagnosis of crohn's disease, or other inflammatory disease disease or sick cell vaso occlusive crisis
Get differentiating work ups endoscopic biopsy, Hb electrophoresis, CRP and barium study

Management of the confirm diagnosis

Kind regards
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response

Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.Forum.
Your daughter had abdominal pain, and indigestion. C.T.scan showed fluid in low peritonial cavity. Cultures came positive. No improvement with antibiotics.
i advise you to consult a gynacologist for diagnosis and treatment. There could be yeast or trichomoniasis.
Other possibilities could be gastric irritation due to diet, lactose intolarance, urinary tract infection, etc.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor