Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have abdominal pain. Have SGPT 152 and SGOT 63. Diet to make normal range?

Hello sir, I m having severe pain in my right side of abdomen.. I had consulted a doctor, and he told me to check my blood and suggested for a ultra sound scan.. My blood result shows that i ve SGPT 152 and SGOT 63.. My scan results shows that i am having fatty infiltration of liver and mild hydronephrosis .. What diet should i take to lower these SGPT and SGOT to become normal range.. Thanks in advance, Rahul
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Fatty liver is a reversible disease where triglycerides get deposited in liver cells. 
The most common causes for fatty liver are Alcohol,obesity,diabetes,high cholesterol and triglycerides etc. 
There is nothing to worry regarding this as simple lifestyle changes can make you allright. 
What to do... 
Quit alcohol ,if taking. 
Reduce calorie intake and reduce your weight. 
Avoid junk foods like pizzas,burgers etc. 
Avoid sugary drinks and colas. 
Avoid sweets and de fried foods. 
Daily aerobic exercises for 40 minutes. 
Take a super B complex VIT with 1000 mg VIT C daily. 
You should be all right in next 4 to 6 months time. 

As far as hydronephrosis is concened,you must be properly evaluated by your doctor and look for the cause for obstruction to your urine outflow causing hydronephrosis.You have not mentioned whether it is unilateral or bilateral.

I hope it helps 
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

To normalize your liver condition you should avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, alcohol, pain killers. Cholesterol blood level should be checked and if elevated, statins medicines should be prescribed.
However fatty liver is not a reason of upper right abdominal pain. Such pain usually appears due to gallstones, bile ducts stones, pancreas disease. Sometimes large intestine disease (like polyps or even cancer) can be the reason of such pains.
I suggest you to visit gastroenterologist and have some more tests (GGTP, AP, bilirubin, amylase, lipase, urine amylase, HbSAg, anti-HCV).

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi welcome to health care magic forum.

Well, these findings goes with fatty liver, but first you need to know that this is nothing serious. It can be sign of inapropriate diet and alcohol abuse but also it has genetic cause as well.

Most important risks which can be changed are obesity and weight loss
Also you to effect on risk factors like diabetes, high cholesterol and high triglycerides.
Avoid alcohol of course.
Examples of nutrient-dense foods include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and low-fat dairy products. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains in particular are rich sources of fiber. Fiber has a filling effect, which helps prevent overeating and excess calorie consumption.
Avoid high-fat and high-sugar foods such as butter, shortening, lard, margarine, fatty meat, chicken skin, cream, cheese, candy, sweets, soda, fruit drinks, processed foods, frozen foods and fast foods.
And be aware of neccesarity of physical activity.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor