Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have abdominal pain. Had bleeding. Am pregnant. Miscarriage?

Hi, I am pregnant I believe about 7-8 weeks and about 4 weeks ago I had constant bleeding of about 5 minutes and then it stopped no more bleeding or anything since then but my abdominal pain is very severe it feels like cramping on my period but alot worse it is so severe at times it causes me to cry. I want to know if these are signs of a miscarriage or any other serious problem.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic.
Bleeding in pregnancy is not an uncommon symptom but it requires an investigation to fully understand what is the cause. An episodic bleeding though could occur in normally implanted pregnancies, the association of persistent crampy pains warrants an investigation.
Women in their first pregnancies may have abdominal pains which should rather be mild at an early gestational age like yours but more so, more severe causes could account for pains such as a wrongly implanted pregnancy.
What you need to do is to meet your obstetrician for an obstetrical ultrasound which will answer the questions you have such as; cause of the pain, pregnancy or not, location of the pregnancy etc.
Best regards and hope this helps you.
Dr Achuo
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Your 7 to 8 week pregnant .You had slight bleeding 4 week back.Bleeding 4 week back could be implantation bleeding.Implantation bleeding is bleeding which occur during implantation of fertalized ovum into uterus .Pain of miscarriage is usually associated with bleeding P/V (vaginally).It cannot be said at this stage that pain is due to miscarriage.A through physical examination along wth investigation is very important to determine the cause of pain abdomen .I would suggest you to consult a physician who may be able to evaluate you for your pain abdomen.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor