Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Have a white slimy discharge. Not cured by antibiotic. Having pain in pelvic area. Should I consult a specialist?

I feel like the doctors in my area don t care but I DO! I have been having a white slimy discharge for well over a year now, I ve gone to drs and they only give me antibioctic and when it doesn t improve tell me its normal to change and start some discharge.. but it smells and I was told it shouldnt. I m not sure how long but I ve been having pain in my lower right hip/ pelvic area, I had apendicides when I was 14 and they said I had a herinia, actually one on each side, and my intestines could fall in my hip. I thought maybe it was that that was causing me pain because I haven t got them worked on,but I ve got the discharge as well so I figure its something to do with my cervex like a cyst . Just wondering what to tell my dr I haven t made an appointment didn t know if I should go to the emergency room, the pain shot threw my back the other day and I could hardly get up.. please give me some insg
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Sometimes chronic infection can lead to pelvic inflammation.
So this time when you meet your doctor better to go for:
-Vaginal swab culture and sensitivity.
-Pelvic examination.
By these the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated.
Answered: Sat, 7 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor