Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have a visible front filling. Can I change the filling?

i have a front filling which is obvious because there is a dark line between the tooth and filling. I went to check with a dentist and he said the filling was fine and he was sure it was not decayed, just maybe the previous dentist didn t clean it out before he filled it. i asked him if he could change it and he refused as he didn t wanna disturb a good filling and make the hole larger (it is quite a big filling). what should i do? Change the filling or get a veneer?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Since you are c/o the filling done in front tooth,the dark line has to be removed after consulting with a dentist.
The filling has to be either replaced with a tooth coloured filling or veneering or crown has to be placed.
Depending on the depth of cavity,treatment can be planned.
Please do visit a dentist for further reference.
Maintain oral hygiene well.
Brush your teeth using soft bristled toothbrush.
Use chlorhexidine mouthrinses to gargle.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 27 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor