Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have a stiff middle finger from an injury in childhood. Can this be treated now?

When I was a child I hurt my hand two different times. I crushed the end of the finger on the right hand and no one got it fixed for me. The finger is the ring finger. I also have an injury to the middle finger. I fell with a glass jar in my hand, the palm of my hand was cut. I was taken to the doctor much later, I was about 15, They took a leader out of my wrist and put it in my palm of my hand for the finger. It didn't work, I have a stiff middle finger and lots of scars. I was so unhappy by the way my hand looked as a child. Could I try and get this fixed now? I have always hid my hand. I live in Charleston,WV
Thu, 4 Jul 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Generally, finger injuries are very notorious in producing stiffness and contractures after anysort of injuries to them.
As you are having stiffness and scar tissue since a very long time, I dont think you can achieve normalcy after any form of surgery.
Hope this helps
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Why not?
You need a lot of patience and perseverance / and of course time and money...
There are excellent plastic surgeons, with special interest in hand surgery – who have been only doing such type of work.
Try to locate one / have a second, even a third opinion...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor