Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have a pulse in stomach. Have stress and anxiety. No medication till now. What to do?

hi Ive been having a pulse in my stomach for about 2 weeks doesn't really hurt just bugs me I don't really notice it during the day except when I sit and lay I am 18 I have stress and anxiety I am 5ft 5in male I weighed 125 a couple of months ago and stopped working out due to a concussion and gained about 20 pounds recently
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms could be anxiety-related. Anxiety can manifest itself with not only psychological symptoms, but with physical symptoms also. If you are having recurrent such symptoms or having difficulty managing your stress, then I would advise you consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and further treatment. There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you overcome your problems.

Regular physical exercise, diet control and adopting a healthy lifestyle are also essential in your situation.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. M Y Shareef's  Response
Hi ! Any kind of anxiety/stress could give rise to such physical symptoms and signs. However, before concluding that the findings are due solely to stress, you should properly get yourself clinically examined by your family physician, who apart from measuring your blood pressure, may advise for an ultrasound/CT scan if he also feels the pulsation in your stomach as described by you. If the ultrasound comes out to be positive for some intra abdominal pulsating pathology, then he may refer you to a higher center.
If after excluding all organic disorders in abdomen where such pulsations can occur, symptoms persists, then I would advise you to get some counselling by a specialist Psychiatrist.
In the mean while, you must continue your working out routinely once declared fit by your treating doctor.
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor