Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Have a mild case of Tuberous sclerosis. Found lesions behind eyes. Help?

Hi Dr. Keerthi, I have a mild case of Tuberous Sclerosis which was diagnosed when I was 19 years old when my eye doctor found lesions behind my eyes and did not know what they were. I was diagnosed at the Unversity of Minnesota. Although it has not impeded me mentally/socially/ect. I am wondering if Kyphosis/Scheudermann s Kyphosis/ is caused by asymmetric weakness in the muscles, vertebrae of the back due to the Tuberous Sclerosis. I should mention that I do have a severe case of Kyphosis and am trying to understand if it stems from the Tuberous Sclerosis during my development. Can you help me with this?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Kyphosis that you have is not likely to be related to tuberous sclerosis. However X-rays and a direct examination will help in a better evaluation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Thu, 19 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor