Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have a little bulging soft spot on lower left side of stomach, tender to touch. Anything wrong with me?

Hey, my name is Ally. I was getting out of the shower a couple days ago and my boyfriend and I noticed a little bulging soft spot on my lower left side of my stomach . it s very tender and hurts to the touch. I just kinda remembered it and rubbed my hand over it and it hurt even worse. I lifted my shirt and it is twice as big now. i m wondering what this could be and if it s anything bad.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  200
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM Ally.

From your description, it could be many things.

A physical examination and even an ultrasound will help in establishing a diagnosis. It would be best to consult a surgeon for the same.

If this was not present earlier and has just appeared recently, it could most probably be an abscess. This is easily treatable, with proper guidance and management by a surgeon or Physician.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your question, you could write back to me anytime for further clarifications. If you want a more detailed diagnosis, you could try our premium section, and upload pictures of your presentation.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. Sanjeev Goyal's  Response
hello ally
thanks for your query
any swelling /lump in body which is growing in size should be consider significant
as per your site it seems to be abdominal wall lipoma (collection of fatty tissue)
lipoma is a growth of fat cells in a fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin
Lipomas do not require treatment. Because they are not cancerous growths, they do not need to be removed
lipoma may be surgically removed if symptoms develop:such a
Becomes painful or tender.
Becomes infected or inflamed repeatedly.
Interferes with movement or function.
Increases in size.
Becomes unsightly or bothersome
take care
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Zainab Hassanali's  Response
hi ally,
the bulge could be a hernia, or a growth or enlarged organ, i would suggest get an ultrasound done to know what is the bulging spot and get reviewed by a specialist for either medications or surgery depending on the results obtained.
hope have put some light on your query
get well soon.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor