Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have a leg injury, gold ball near ankle. Have pain severe pain. No medication till now. What to do?

My boyfriend is training for a sports even and injured his leg but doesn't know how. He is on an intense diet of just protein and greens and works out 2 times a day. 2 days ago he did something to the muscle and it formed a gold ball near his ankle, it has now separated into 3 marble size balls further up his leg. It is only painful when he flexes.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.

I read your questions .It looks from your details that you had sprain at your ankle.Most probably this is there due to injury during playing.You should do following to have relief in this-

-Apply a ace bandage or soft creepe bandage over limb,starting from below upwards.

-Apply ice fomentation over the knee.

-Take a good analgesic like advil or aleeve.

-Avoid walking too long & also avoid putting strain over your limb.

If condition continue to worsen or unable to improve even after this then consult to your orthopedic doctor.

Hope this all will help you.

With best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query
From description it seems to be soft tissue injury. Swelling seems to be due to haematoma formation (collection of blood).
You need an xray to rule out any bony injury. I suggest you to consult an orthopaedic Surgeon for detailed examination and definitive treatment. Meanwhile apply ice to affected area, take antiinflammatory drug like ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation.
Avoid putting weight and rest well.
Hope this will helps you
Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain and swelling in the ankle could be due to a bone injury or a soft tissue injury in the area of ankle. An X-ray and MRI is needed to find out the extent of injury he has suffered. Till then avoid weight bearing on the foot.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor