Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have a large chronic anal fissure, in pain, large red bumps. Use rectogesic ointment?

hello! i have a large chronic anal fissure and have started using the rectogesic ointment and it is helping. While I am still in pain, the question I wanted to ask you is that I have had large red bumps appear on the inner lining of my buttcrack, im assuming this is a sideaffect of the rectogesic eventually spreading out of my anus and clogging up pores? They look somewhere between pimples and hives , but feel like pimples when i press down on them though i cannot pop them they just stay red. What do i DO ?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

It is hard to tell what are this bumps not seeing them. It can be hair follicles inflammation, some kind of rash due to medicines you have been using. Anal fissure is often associated with a bump (called sentinel node).
What you should know for sure is that chronic fissure (which lasts longer than 6 weeks) wont heal by itself. Usually surgery is necessary. That is why I suggest you to do not treat it by yourself and consult proctologist.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Fri, 27 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor