Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Have a keyloid developed below neck and chest. Used ointment, not cured. What should be done?

I have a keyloid developed below my neck and above the chest , initially which seemed to be a boil or a pimple i tried home remedies to treat it first, it started becoming very stuborn i had visited many skin specialist also but the ointments prescribed by them did not work now its over 2 years that i m living with it, it is visible and is very imbarrasing and ugly.....i hate it and i wish to get rid from it
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Megha,
Keloids most of the times do not respond to topical medicines alone. You can consult your doctor to treat it with cryotherapy and/or intralesional steroids and intralesional 5 fluorouracil. Certain topical creams like potent steroids, silicone gel or allium Cepa based creams act as good adjunctive therapy. As you have a small lesion you will surely have good response. Hope that answers your query. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Keloids usually occur at the site of skin damage caused by excessive deposition of collagen that spreads beyond the edges of the site of injury. although Some keloids occur spontaneously.
You may try the remedy Graphites in 3x potency twice daily for a couple of weeks. stop taking medicine as soon as u get the result.
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor