Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have a growth in the bottom of anus. Hurts to pass stool. What could be it?

Hi my name is sue. I am 18 years old and for the past 2 months I have noticed a small pink thing hanging at the bottom of my anus. It's not itchy and not bleeding but it sometimes hurts when I try to pass a stool. Also lately I have had a hard time passing a stool for the past month. What is the pink thing? And what should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Sue.
Welcome to HCM and thanks for posting your query here.
The pink mass hanging could be an external hemorrhoid. It is an extra mucosal growth from the anal or rectal opening. Chronic constipation which causes a high pressure during defecation may cause its growth. It may cause bleeding from the rectum. The stool should be softened to avoid pressure on it. If burning and pain is there you should use an antibiotic and antiinflammatory analgesic. A Sitz bath will reduce the swelling of the growth.
Syrup Cremaffin or Dulcolax like stool softeners should be used. A diet rich in fibre and taking more fluids and doing exercise will reduce the constipation problem. If still the problem persists please consult a General Surgeon for further management.
Hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor