Have a cyst which has to removed through a surgery and infected hair follicle

I am living abroad and for the past month i have been keeping my eye on an infected hair folicle in the top part of the pubic region.
i have a sore that sometimes drains but is mainly closed and reddish color, underneath there is now another separate lump the size of pea which is firmer like a cyst.
A GP prescribed 6 days of antibiotics and a lomexin ovule.
and I was told that if after six days I still have the problem i should see a surgeon to remove the cyst.
Tue, 30 Jun 2020

Since the issue is persisting even after taking antibiotics, it is best to follow up with a surgeon to see if incision and drainage is required.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician

Hello, Since the issue is persisting even after taking antibiotics, it is best to follow up with a surgeon to see if incision and drainage is required. Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician