Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have a chemical burn on tip of penis, diabetic, have swelling and redness. What can I do?

I have a chemical burn on the tip of my penis and foreskin as the result of dipping into water in the toilet bowl mixed with an unknown cleaning agent. I am diabetic and did not sense any pain therefore the chemical was not washed away for several hours. That happened 5 days ago. I am now experiencing significant swelling and redness at the tip of the penis and considerable pain. What shouId I do until I can get an appointment with a dermatologist? I do not have a credit card. I will have to wait until I can get an appointment locally.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  396
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
no need for dermatologist . all you need is good antibiotic and anti inflammatory drugs and some local antiseptic like pavidone iodine solution. where are u from . whats your age is your blood sugar controlled

wat medicine you take for diabetes . only thing I am worried is no pain there. so don't wait. any doc can treat it. but preferably a diabetologist because of that infection .

good luck keep in touch
Answered: Sat, 5 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor