Have a bump under the skin next to a fingernail

I have a soft bump under skin next to a fingernail. No discoloration, pain, or redness, just a swollen area. The fingernail adjacent to the bump has become deformed, concave on that side of the nail & thinner, but normal nail shape on the other side where the bump isn't. I've had this condition for so many years that I don't remember which came first, the bump or the deformed nail.

Thanks for any information.

Rae McMaster
Thu, 30 Jan 2014
Thanks for query.nail deformation unnoticed for long time is directing towards onchomycosis(fungal infection of nail).consult a dermatologist to confirm diagnosis and get treated. regards