Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Have a bump near genitals. No medication till now. What could it be?

So I felt this pimple like bump near my genitils but it's not inside, it's on the outside where hair grows. I don't know if it's a normal thing that grows or a genitial wart or mole or something. I am freakiing out that I might have a disease! I never had sex with anyone. The pimple like thing is skin colored and very very small. It's popping up but can't be popped or removed my hand. Am I going to be okay?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Based on your description, You could have a pimple like structure on any hairy area-caused due to infection of the hair follicle, called a furuncle. This is common in hairy areas of the body. And also Like you said it could also be a wart. Also it could be any other skin infection.
I would advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it checked out so that they can examine you and find out the exact nature of the 'bump'.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor