Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have a Lap Band. Forgot insulin. Used vinegar and peroxide. Ease pain with yellow patches?

I have a Lap Band, and got what I think was a piece of ham stuck in the port last Thursday night. Spent All of Friday throwing up, got it out and all was good. Because I wasn t eating I forgot to take my insulin so my Blood Sugar went way up. Because it was high I ended up with a very dry mouth. Now I have two quarter sized yellow patches on the back of the roof of my mouth. Rincing with Vinegar and Peroxide at different times has helped. Any idea of what else I can try to ease the pain from the yellow patches?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Diabetologist 's  Response

It may be oral candidiasis. Very common fungal infection found in poorly controlled diabetics patients. Clotrimazole mouth paint and oral fluconazole tablet will help in controlling the infection.
Answered: Mon, 30 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor