Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have UTI, back pain, stomach pain. Done urinalysis, have pus cells. What is going on?

Hi, i'm Bella Gertrude B. Alpasan, 41 years old, a college professor of NIPSC, Estancia, Iloilo. i've been worried about my health problems especially i was suffering from UTI . i had my urine test yesterday and the doctor said it's more than 500+ pus cells.i can already feel a severe backpain and stomach pain.can't remember the termed used by my doctor about 500+ pus cells?i'm planning to undergo a urine culture tomorrow.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Jun 2015
Dear Bella..
The presence of pus cells in urine is called Pyuria & it indicates the presence of on going infection/inflammation in the Urinary tract.

The treatment involves:
1. Drinking lots of water (it dilutes the urine & reduces the burning sensation)
2. Antibiotics depending upon culture & sensitivity reports.
3. If there is associated fever, then paracetamol 500 mg three times in a day can be added.
One more thing...avoid acidic foods, carbonated drinks and alcohol...& maintain good hygiene.
There is no need to will perfectly alright after taking the course of antibiotics.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor