Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have TSH level abnormal on reports. Is that harmful? Fear cancer?

hi doc, gud evening, hope u had a nice day. Well i am having a TSH( Thyroid stimulating hormone ) level of 7.15 Is it harmful??? If so plz suggest me nice diet(like fruits or vegetables) to control it, rather than allopathy or any other medication ... And is there any chance of developing cancer due to this hyperthyroidism??? Plz respond to me as soon as possible...
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, Welcome to HCM
Firstly, high TSH level indicates a hypo functioning thyroid that is hypothyroidism.
It is harmful, if not treated properly.
No diet, or homeopathic drug can help you.
Only medicine is Thyroxine.
There is no chance of any cancer in hypothyroidism if treated properly.
So, consult an endocrinologist for further management.
Answered: Mon, 15 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor