Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have Sinusitis. Underwent Rhinoplasty. Still not cured. Is surgery the only option?

sir , I am feeling severe headache ...I am suffering from sinusitis since i was born....I have underwent rhinoplasty when i was 11.that was in the year 2000.At the time of that surgery the surgen told us that it will not cure you completely since born will continue to grow till 18.sir now i am 24.Is Surgery is the only method to cure me compleately?sir please give me a reply.......
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Welcome in H.c.m. for consultation
I read your query regarding treatment of your sinusitis. As you said that your problem for sinusitis is from your early childhood and in your childhood you have been operated for rhinoplasty.
You have asked for treatment for sinus problem for this I would like to tell you that first of all you go for C.T. scan of paranasal sinuses to find out the affected sinuses. After this a thorough clinical examination is necessary to gather some important facts to rule out-
(1) Allergic pan sinusitis- Here surgery is not so effective, better to plan anti allergic treatment.
(2) Maxillary and ethmoidal sinusitis with blocked osteomeatal complex- here FESS surgery is right choice.
(3) Sinusitis with deviated nasal septum- Here FESS with Septoplasty operation is the correct operative procedure.
(4) Sinusitis with turbinate hypertrophy- here FESS with Turbinate reduction is recmonded operative procedure.
(5) Sinusitis with Choncha bullosa.- Here FESS with excision of bullosa is indicated.
In NUT SHELL I would like to tell that except allergic sinusitis FESS operation is the treatment of sinusitis but if any of above listed associated problem is identified than that should be also considered to get desired result.

With Regards.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor