Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have RTA, cerebral contusion, hemorrhage, parietal bone fracture, occasional vomiting. What should be done?

sir, there is a patient aged 35 yrs male having RTA leading to fracture right parietal bone along with cerebral contusion and haemarrhage around 3rd ventricle . patient is unconscious since injury and there is history of occasional vomiting. pulse 84, BP 110/70 mm hg. spo2 96% without o2. sir, please tell me what should be the management of the patient?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
the patient should have their intracranial pressure monitored (ICP) and may need intervention in terms if decompression if his ICP remains high. there are medical interventions that can be used to try and reduce the ICP and maintain cerebral perfusion such as cooling the patient and maintaining the patients mean arterial pressure. this is a complex issue not really suitable to be discussed in this forum.
Answered: Tue, 1 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor