Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Have RCES. Done PTK. What can help me?

Dear Dr. Gurdeep, My name is Renny Ninan, i m also from Bhopal, but presently in Dubai. i would like to take an appointment with you to get a check up of my eye as i have RCES on the left eye, apparently i had the same issue with the right eye also, for which i got the PTK done in October 2012. Since i have to travel from here to you for the checkup, could you kindly let me know any convenient time from 9th -13th Jan 2013, as i plan to book my air tickets accordingly. I presume you are related to Dr Santokh Singh and Bhupinder bhaiya, we both know each other very well, as I was working at Fincon Computers, opp bhojpur club and he used to visit our office quite often, also I was a frequent visitor to Surguja House, just behind your house, as Mr. JS Singhdeo is a very good friend of mine. looking forward to your advise Doctor. Wishing you a very Happy New year. if you can forward me your contact number, i can call you up. thanks and regards Renny Ninan Dubai +0000
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
RCES, Recurrent corneal erosion syndrome is a benign disease afffecting the epithelial layer of the cornea and it is characterized by recurrent erosions of the corenal epithelium resulting in corneal epithlial defects causing symptoms like pain, redness, watering.
The treatment is mainly by lubricating eye drops, gels and eye ointments. If the symptoms persist PTK. phototherapeutic keratectomy is done to remove the layer of the epithelium and to allow the formation of new layer of epithelium.
Since you have already undegone the PTK, next treatment is to prevent recurrence of RCES by taking precautions like avoiding minor trauma, forceful rubbing of the eyelids and using lubricating eye drops or eye ointments regularly.
Thank you
Answered: Mon, 26 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor