Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have RA. Taking Enbrel, mtx. No pain reduction. Need advise for pain killers

I have been living with for 7 yrs. I have taken Enbrel in the past but was unable to obtain health insurance for about two yrs . my former primary care prescribed prednisone 20mg unable to help much with the RA. I took it almost daily for a year because of no other affordable options for pain. currently I have health insurance once again... a new rumy that has me on Enbrel which I have been taking for about 5 months along with mtx...this is doing little for my pain ...opposite to past experience...bottom line...I have a hard time getting decent pain meds from my rumy. my primary cant prescribe and my rumy says she cant give me anything stronger than tramadol. which doest help me at all. never been on any pain meds since I was diagnosed but now I need them. day to day is a struggle. what do I do?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You are already taking disease modifying drugs to control your problem. The pain relievers can help you to some extent but the choice of drug and the dosage regulation is done according to the severity of the symptoms. Do consult a rheumatologist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 17 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor