Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have PCOS. Trying for conception. Taking glucophage and clomid. Pain in the lower abdomen. Negative pregnancy tests. any advice?

hi ,my age is 36. five years back got married . i have pcos trying to get pregnant .doc put me on glucophage and clomid . from last two months i got my period regularly . my last period was 20 feb and now is 3april . i donot have my period .two negative tests but lettle cramps lower abdominal what to do . i am so warried about my health and also want my own kids what to do please halp
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Dear user, welcome to healthcare magic.
The pregnancy test is negative so you are not pregnant.
You may wait for spontaneous menstruation and have a pain killer for the cramps, or visit your doctor to prescribe you progesterone to induce menstruation.
As for you seeking pregnancy, you are 36 years old and you have been married for 5 years receiving glucophage and clomid. You must change this policy and not waist any more time because there is a decline in fertility over 35 years and a rapid decline occurs over 40.
I suggest you have 3 cycles of controlled ovarian stimulation followed by intrauterine insemination and if pregnancy doesn't occur you should have intra cytoplasmic sperm injection or invitro fertilization according to your husband's semen parameters.
I wish you good luck and pregnancy soon.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.
Answered: Thu, 16 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor