Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Have PCOS. Irregular period. Tried IUI. Taking humog. Help?

I got married 4 years back children ,irregural periods reason sorted out is PCOS ...used all types of medicines ... tried for IUI in that E2 harmone level is not increasing ,so stopped after taking humog 20 suggested for ovarian drilling ..please guide the proper treatment and wt is the sucess that i can take proper decision
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
Irregular periods and infertility are due to PCOS,a condition best managed by improving your lifestyle.
Improvements in diet and exercise will decrease the severity of annoying PCOS symptoms and will improve your fertility and help regulate your menstrual cycle.You can help to manage your PCOS by eating healthy and exercising to keep your weight at a healthy level.

This helps to lower blood glucose (sugar) levels, improve the body's use of insulin, and normalize hormone levels in your body.

Even a 10 percent loss in body weight can restore a normal period and make your cycle more regular.Metformin has also been found to help with PCOS symptoms.

Lack of ovulation is usually the reason for fertility problems in women with PCOS. Medications that stimulate ovulation can help women with PCOS become pregnant.

Treatment options for fertility include:
Clomiphene citrate,
Metformin with clomiphene ,
In vitro fertilization (IVF).
Gonodotrophins are more expensive and raise the risk of multiple births compared to clomiphene.

Laparoscopic ovarian drilling is a surgical treatment that can trigger ovulation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).Electrocautery or a laser is used to destroy parts of the ovaries.

This surgery is not commonly used. But it can be an option for women who are still not ovulating after losing weight and trying fertility medicines.
You can consult with Gynacologist and endocrinologist for treatment.

Hope this could help you.
Answered: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor