Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have PCOS. History of ectopic pregnancy in fallopian tube. Ovarian drilling done. Taken letrozole and clomid. Further treatment?

i have pcos ,trying for 3 years, and concived once in dec 2011 which one was ectopic in left fallopian tube with only right tube is the hope can you sugest me further treatment plan age 29 years 10 month.. had under goan ovarian drilling ...several cycals of clomoid and letrozole ...i do response to letrozole but unfortunatly its banned in india
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi Sunayana
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
As your left tube has already been removed due to ectopic pregnancy,there is chance of pregnancy only when ovulation occurs from right ovary. As you have undergone ovarian drilling I would suggest you to undergo test for FSH and AMH to know the store of eggs in your ovary. You may need ovulation induction with clomiphene, follicular monitoring and then IUI ( if ovulation is occurring from favorable side) to increase your chances. If you are not responding even with maximum dose of clomiphene then you may require gonadotropin injections followed by IUI. You can try 3-6 cycles of IUI and if there is no success then you should think of IVF treatment. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor