Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Have PCOD. Have dizziness, depression, swelling in face, weight gain. Undergoing replacement therapy. Suggest?

hi.. i have pcod prob which i checked long time back (6-7 yrs back).even thyroid also which diagnosised severly 1 and half year back in my pregnency tests and im in replacement therapy of thyroid from ruby hall pune,then i terminated baby due to some family suffering from many things now like irregular period (i have this prob when pcod dignosized) ,irritabilty,weight gaining,sweeling. wanted to check pcod again for solution for menses,shall i remove sonography for pcod now directly without doctrs consult and then show after removing it show to doctr direcetly.. surrently im facing many probs..sometimes dizziness ,depression,swelling face,gaining weight,mood-off. i visisted many dotors for irregular periods but aleopathy medicine dint suit me ever,whenever i tried to get it it had side effects..homeopathy suits me but not effected for this as long time taken..patanjali also tried but that doses was getting side effects a lot.. so im very much worried about future day by day irritability . i was very much active person who was regularly exercising,dancing,sporty but now all thiings affecting due to this probs..
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
All the symptoms you have are suggestive of Hypothyroidism.Even irregular
periods can be due to thyroid defesiency.
The condition is best controlled by hormone replacement.Please don't waste time in trying uneffective treatment.Even the menses can get normal with getting normal thyroid hormone in body.
Get your hormone assay done, consult an Endocrinologost & ,tell him about your drug intollarance. Suitable drugs will be given to you.
If menses are irregular after thyroid control, you can go for sonography to detect PCOD.
Answered: Sat, 30 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Mohibur Rehman's  Response
You should get a fresh thyroid functions test done, it might be that your dose of thyroid replacement therapy need to be adjusted.
Also I advise that you have a pelvic ultrasound done to check the status of PCOD and have ur GYN specialist proceed accordingly.
Answered: Sat, 30 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor