Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have PCOD. Had abortion due to low baby growth. What treatment should be done to get pregnant?

hi can u suggest me i lost my three year pregnancy 6 month before due to low baby growth nd dictor terminate my pregnancy after dat i have also pcod problem nd nw im under tratment can i get pregnant nd pleasr suggest me the best treatment should i pregnant soon suggest me the best of best treatment to becme pregnant early nd im leving in india.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
PCOD is definitely a very tricky problem but a patient approach definitely bears fruit to the patient. 
The most important treatment apart from ovulation induction medicine and hormonal treatment  is,shedding your weight and being in your normal BMI range and other treatment is to take care of your insulin resistance.
The most important aspect of treatment is use of insulin sensitising medicine called as METFORMIN
Since patients of PCOS have incresed insulin resistance ,you need METFORMIN to reduce the insulin resistance. 
Insulin resistance causes a build up of insulin and sugar levels in the blood which results in 
Increased production of male hormones in body. 
These increased levels of male hormones result in acne,infertility and WEIGHT GAIN. 

Loosing weight is very important to regain fertility in a patient of PCOS. 
It is said that even if you are able to shed 10% of your weight,you hall be able to get your periods back.
You must consult a Gynecologist and get all the required investigations and proper treatment done.
You shall definitely get pregnant,although timing can't be predicted.
Best of luck 
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor